My Blog List

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Rotating Mudball...


... That is my Papaw’s nickname for the popular CBS soap opera ‘As the World Turns.’ Every time, without fail, my Papaw would utter those three words then continue to do his crossword looking up once or twice while Mamaw was immersed in it.

This morning while I was looking through my Facebook [what did we do before this social network! Oy.] friends’ statuses I saw one that really caught my eye...my Mom’s. Below is what she had to share regarding Saturday’s gruesome shooting in and how people are hungry for scapegoats:

“[I find] it seriously disconcerting that we, as a nation, must take every tragedy and turn it into a battle of sides. If our bodies acted this way there would never be any healing and a paper cut would kill us.” – Sandy Robison Trieschmann

If anyone was to blame it was the gunman who honestly thinks he did nothing wrong. Sometimes things have no rhyme or reason – they just happen. No matter how brutal, how awful, how unfathomable the event might be we, as a people, need to be more empathetic.

And for every darkness there is a light. We cannot forget those brave individuals that took the gunman down! If people can see a positive in most anything it will make their live a whole lot easier.

Thus ends my blog-post-word-vomit. Hope it made sense.


No comments:

Post a Comment