My Blog List

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Blest

blest (blst)
v. A past tense and a past participle of bless.
adj. Variant of blessed.



I have a tendency to - when I think I'm right - be pretty arrogant about it. Most of the time I'm usually right anyways {told you - arrogant} but there are those few times that I am wrong and I end up feeling like a total jerk.

I recently asked a co-worker if she knew she was misspelling 'blessed' as 'blest' on her e-mail signature. She was really nice and said she had gotten the phrase 'Have a blest day!' from one of her friends. Well, this morning she came into my cube and told me 'blest' was in the dictionary. I have one at my desk so I immediately checked it out...there it was in black and white.


And even though, as I type, my Mac is putting a red underline under 'blest' I should have not jumped to conclusions. So -- this is me telling myself to give myself a moment before thinking I'm right all the time.



No comments:

Post a Comment